News Alerts :
- Angelo Mathews becomes first batsman to score 1000 ODI runs in 2014…
- Sri Lanka tour of India, 5th ODI: India v Sri Lanka | India won by 3 wickets (with 8 balls remaining)…
- Mitchell Johnson named winner of the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year…
- Mitchell Johnson named winner of the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year…
- India batsman Rohit Sharma has become the first man to hit 250 in a one-day international…
For the upcoming player auctions of the Indian Premier League 2014, a list of 233 capped players from across 10 countries have been distributed to all eight franchises, with 46 Indians being valued at top base price (of Rs 20 million or Rs 2 Crore each).
Latest big-hitting sensation from New Zealand, Corey Anderson and the current No.1-ranked batsman in T20s, Alex Hales, could also spark a vigorous bidding war. However, in Hales’s case, a clause in the agreement with his County Nottinghamshire says he can participate in the IPL only if he secures the most lucrative deal possible.
Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara, who has been a part of the IPL in all of the previous six seasons, will not be seen during this year’s tournament. Teammate Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan and Angelo Mathews will be part of the auctions and will be interesting to see where they attract interest from, owing to the fact that they will not be available towards the end of the tournament due to international commitments.
The IPL player auctions will be held on February 12 and 13 in Bangalore. Indian currency will be used in all transactions for the first time.
Latest Video Updates
Schedules & Match Fixtures
Today's TV Schedule
|08.00||:||Himidiriya – Live|
|09.00||:||BattleZone : Rpt|
|10.30||:||How to be a champ|
|11.00||:||ODI – India v Sri Lanka: H/L(4th
to 5th matches)
|19.30||:||Be the Change|
|21.30||:||Asian Games 14|